Don't Forget Your Licensing.

To be legal, any business that plays music in their establishment has to pay licensing fees, unless they have permission to use the music which, unless it’s music from a local artist that writes and produces their own music, includes all popular music. Nearly all current music is either licensed by ASCAP or BMI, and both offer annual licenses that are either determined by the physical size of your business, or the number of speakers you have playing the music.

For additional information on BMI licensing, please contact:
or call (888) 492-6264 from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm CST

For additional information on ASCAP licensing, please contact:
or call (800) 505-4052, option 4

Licensing is your responsibility.